Water Booth in my colony

It was a usual bright sunny morning in Chennai which was very unbearable I take a small walk and return back home only to find that with this exertion I felt very thirsty.

Suddenly a thought occurred to my mind which sprang towards setting up a water station in my Housing Colony where I stay to provide water to those who are always on the road and do not have the facility to carry a water bottle for drinking water with them.

To meet their need I started this exercise of setting up a water station along the roadside with in my Colony where i am currently residing. That begins the story and then I realised that there are so many people wandering on the road who could be contractors workers or even hawkers for all of them this was a great service and they started thanking me for the activity that I was carrying out initially I started off with the thought that it would be a service for the summer and then I decided to keep it as an ongoing activity so that for all these people who were going around on the road with no facilities can use this and quench their thirst.

Now the plan is to continue this for a while which I had started the last April at the beginning of Chennai summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pamban Swamigal

Story of Thiruvidanthai Temple

St Anthony Shrin, Palavakkam Chennai